We seek an experienced and motivated Battery System Engineer or Technical Expert to drive experimental activities in the fields of electric energy storage and to prove the feasibility of novel energy storage system topologies. Do you want to drive innovation in the underlying core technologies with a strong focus on prototypes? If you are a communicative team player with a great enthusiasm for science and technology, then join us.
Location: Baden-Dättwil Switzerland
Job Function: Research and Development
Job Reference Code: CH61088453
- You will perform applied research in the areas of battery energy storage. You will take the lead in designing, constructing and executing laboratory experiments and implementing prototypes and demonstrators
- Furthermore, you will interact with a team of domain specialists along the full value chain of Li-ion BESS and provide technical assistance for the development of new products
- Last but not least, you will collaborate with scientists and engineers from our business units and from universities
- You are and electrical or mechanical engineer or technical expert with sound experience in laboratory work as well as proficiency in experimental techniques
- You can drive the implementation of prototypes and demonstrators of heavy-duty electrical systems in a multidisciplinary context
- You are proficient in several of the following domains: packaging of electric devices, in particular batteries, power conversion, power electronics, protection, switchgear, handling of low to medium voltage setups, lab automation and fast prototyping.
- You have good command of either English or German and are motivated to improve your language skills – in the end, you convince us of being a creative and communicative team player
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone +41 58 588 30 03
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees. www.abb.com