Virta is looking for a highly motivated and competitive Business Development Director in DACH region to secure growth in the German, Austrian Swiss markets. Ideally, you will be working in the Berlin/Brandenburg metropolitan region to individually pursue sales leads and manage the sales team.
You will be leading the Charging solutions sales team in the DACH region so, your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. You will be supported by HQ in Finland.
This is a brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming EV charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future. You have a chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- As a team leader, you have the responsibility of your team members career development and wellbeing
- Monitor team performance based on Sales metrics and continue the current Virta business model
- Strive to understand the customer’s needs and provide knowledge and awareness to make a business from electric vehicle charging, clean energy, and energy trading services with comprehensive SaaS-base solutions
- Maintain existing customer relationships and be able to expand the company’s customer base with a clear focus on new sales opportunities
- Ensure that the ambitious sales targets are met for the DACH team
- Reporting to HQ as needed
- Prospect qualification, development, and execution of new sales opportunities and ongoing revenue streams
- Pipeline management, sales process management including effective forecasting and opportunity closure
- Solid contact network, that will help you to get access to the management level in major renewable companies in Europe
- Previous sales experience gained within software or service sales organization (ideally within SaaS and Platform sales) in managing a large number of sales cycles at any one time
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Experience in Software Sales solutions
- A proven track record of selling solutions and projects
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships in the top management level to build and close new deals
- Experience operating Sales Playbooks and digital sales tools
- Commercially astute, experience in developing business case, value, and ROI together with customer’s personnel
- Ability to sell Value i.e. value-based selling and pricing
- Capability to understand technical solutions and build commercial business reasoning to support decision making
- Ability to negotiate and argue based on the value
- You are result driven self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to convince and be trust
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. Additional language skills are an advantage in French, Spanish, Swedish or Italian.
- Ability to work independently and travel internationally
- Your professional activity in online and social media is appreciated
- The main working language at Virta is English. Virta’s employees are a group of international, motivated, and sustainability-minded doers.
Who we are?
Virta was founded in 2013 with a vision to integrate electric mobility, energy system, and digital sectors into one ecosystem. Our mission is to make electric mobility an integral part of our everyday lives and the energy system. We don’t just charge electric vehicles – we charge a positive change.
Our global digital platform integrates electric vehicles and the energy system. We don’t just charge electric vehicles – we charge a positive change. We empower our customers by enabling them to champion electric vehicles and renewable energy empowered by our global digital ecosystem. Virta offers the world’s fastest and most cost-effective channel to launch, scale, and operate commercial services in this EV charging ecosystem – as a primary business or as a value-added.
Virta has been international from day one and today our team consists of well over 20 nationalities. All employees are experts in their own fields with diverse backgrounds and skills. We have offices in 5 countries around Europe and operate in over 30 countries globally. Our HQ in Salmisaari, Helsinki is a modern, open office with great sea views and even better coffee. Flexible remote work is a standard at Virta.
What you’ll love about us
- Virta is Europe’s fastest growing electric vehicle charging platform
- 2nd largest EV charging platform in Europe
- 30+ countries with charging networks on the Virta platform
- 125+ employees
- 170 000+ charging points in the roaming network
- 23 000+ stations online in Virta Platform.
Please, note that the position will be filled as soon as a suitable person is found.
For more information please contact our Senior Talent Acquisition, Rafaela Tomasi by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us and be part of the growth and fun!