Wir suchen einen freien Redakteur (m/w/d) für unser englischsprachiges Team.
Freelance Writer for electrive.com
Sustainable mobility and eco news are thriving, so do you know your way around the industry, and would you like to help? Join our e-mobility specialist media outlet and become part of a team of journalists covering developments across the global electric transport industry every day.
We offer flexibility, trust, and the opportunity to expand your news writing and reporting skills within a collaborative environment. At the same time, we’d like to see you eager to work hard and prepared to adapt to editorial processes while staying dedicated to excellence and accuracy in reporting.
The role is freelance and part-time, i.e. you will start mainly covering within our existing writer pool. However, we like to work long-term with our colleagues, so you can consider this more of a regular freelance gig. Depending on the business development, there may be an opportunity to join as a staff writer in future.
This could be an ideal role for an online journalist based in Berlin or anywhere in the world. You may also apply as an e-mobility blogger wanting to go deeper into journalism or a more experienced editor.
We are a dynamic and friendly team and will provide training, yet will need you to have the basics down already.
Does this sound like you? Do you have all or some of the skills listed below?
• Experience in covering news and online journalism
• Interest in and knowledge of the electric transport industry, a knack for emerging technologies
• Comfortable writing both short news and long-form content
• Writing, translation, and proofreading skills
• Professional English speaker with working knowledge of German
• Attention to detail; total commitment to accuracy, especially under pressure
• Excellent time management skills; must be absolutely reliable and able to self-organise workload
• Digital native
• Experience using WordPress and basic photo editing skills
• Team player willing to form collaborative relationships with remote colleagues
• Ready for weekend work and rare late shifts
• Drafting news pieces using press releases and other 3rd party sources
• Preparing social media posts
• Uploading and publishing news pieces
• Adding and adapting teasers to fit our daily news briefing
• Posting on social media
>> To apply, kindly send your CV, a short cover letter outlining why you would like to work with us and your interest in e-mobility, alongside a journalistic writing sample that demonstrates your experience in the field.
>> We will then get to know each other in a short conversation and may ask you for a writing test and trial day alongside the team before the final interview.
The deadline for applications is 30 September, with interviews scheduled from mid-October.
Please send your documents as pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org using „Applying as Journalist“ as your subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.