As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
For our operations in Praia/Cabo Verde, we are looking for an
Project Manager (m/f/d) “Promotion of Electric Mobility in Cabo Verde”
The Government of Cabo Verde pursues the objective of converting the entire fleet of road vehicles to electric vehicles (EV) by 2050. The Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) Support Project “Promotion of Electric Vehicles in Cabo Verde” includes a technical assistance and a financial assistance component, both of which will be implemented by GIZ in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Energy (MICE). It includes the establishment of a rebate programme for EVs, the establishment of a network of public charging stations, piloting of electric buses for public transport, the development of a conducive legal and regulatory framework for EVs as well as EV charging, capacity development for different target groups and monitoring of avoided greenhouse gas emissions.
- Management of the project and responsibility for local experts
- Design and implementation of all project activities in consultation with MICE and other partners
- Preparation and implementation of a large financing agreement and various grant agreements
- Monitoring and reporting to the NAMA Facility
- Coordination with other donors and implementing agencies that are active in the transport and energy sector
- Public Relations
- Knowledge management and exchange with experts and stakeholders from Cabo Verde and other countries
- Advanced degree in transport studies, electrical engineering, environmental management or economics
- Several years of work experience in the transport or energy sector including the provision of advisory services to public sector entities
- Experience with electric mobility and/or public-private partnerships in infrastructure would be an asset
- Experience with project management preferably in developing countries and responsibility for staff
- Intercultural competence and excellent communication skills
- Work experience in the private sector and in Sub-Saharan Africa is an advantage
- Fluency in English and Portuguese (or willingness to learn Portuguese); German language skills are an advantage
If we caught your interest, we are looking forward to your application until 11/26/2020. For further information: https://jobs.giz.de/index.php?ac=jobad&id=52060
You can find this job under the Job-ID P1533V4462.